Sunday, January 13, 2013

A DAY OF COOKING

After going to Costco, I decided to do some cooking. First I wanted to try a new Zoku Popsicle. This time I took fresh blueberries and put them in the blender. Then I took some Limeade and put the crushed blueberries in it. I put the mixture in the Zoku. I still had some of the cranberry-lemonade pops left so I could only make four of the blueberry-limeade pops.

When I was done making the pops, I started dinner. I made "Scalloped Russet and Sweet Potatoes" and "Mustardy Kale and Butternut Squash". Then I made a square of tofu to round out the meal. The scalloped potatoes are very rich and delicious. The sweet potatoes made the dish more delicious. I got the kale recipe from Real Simple. It is really tasty. Only like five ingredients. Now I have leftovers for at least three days.

I also went on this vegetarian blog and got some new recipes. I needed some. I was getting tired of the same food all the time.

When I have food prepared I am less stressed, healthier, and I eat better. I also rode 30 minutes on the bike.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. We have a Popsicle store near us that regularly delights me with their great flavors like pomegranite tangerine, cherry hibiscus and my favorite, mojiti with mint leaves. Then there was the Rose and cream valentines day one with real rose petals. Keep posting about your Popsicles, it's making me ready for hot summer days again.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!