Sunday, January 27, 2013

ANOTHER DAY OF COOKING

Now that I am spending time walking and riding the stationary bike, I am trying to spend time making meals on Sunday that last through the week. Last week I made the awesome soup.

Today I made Vegetables Wellington, Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms With Walnuts, and Israeli Couscous With Pine Nuts And Parsley.

Vegetables Wellington is a great main dish. I was very apprehensive at first but once it came out of the oven, I knew I made the right choice. It really looks like those Wellingtons I see on Chef Ramsay's shows, only with vegetables! It is so delicious and not as difficult as it seemed from the recipe. The hardest part was getting the puff pastry in the loaf pan.

Then I made Israeli Couscous with Pine Nuts and Parsley. You talk about tasty! Sometimes couscous can be bland. Well, this is the exact opposite of bland. This is so vibrant and has so many different textures with the couscous and the nuts and the lemon. Yum!

To round out the meal I made Roasted Green Beans & Mushrooms with Walnuts. The beans were crunchier than I like (and I like then crunchy). So next time I would cook them a little longer. The mushrooms seemed like they were done so I took it out of the oven. The couscous and the beans are really good together.

The whole meal is really good together. It really sings. I just wanted to keep eating dinner.

Until tomorrow...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!